- 1) If your city/municipality would like to join us, please send a “Registration Form” to the Secretariat.
- *Registration Forms also available in: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and Korean
- 2) The Secretariat registers its new member cities once a month (around the 20th).
- 3) Date of affiliation is the 1st day of the month following the date registration procedures are completed by the Secretariat. “Certification of Membership” will be sent out to newly affiliated cities after the date of affiliation.
However, when deemed appropriate, Member Cities can be exempt from fee payment. Member Cities will not lose their membership if they do not pay the fee.
- (The introduction of an annual membership fee of 2,000 JPY for each city was approved at the 8th General Conference, held in 2013 and implementation began in the fiscal year 2015.)
Member Cities’ Activities (Examples)
- 1) Promote the petition drive calling for all states to join the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons as soon as possible
- 2) Hold peace-related events such as the Mayors for Peace Atomic Bomb Poster Exhibition and share reports
- *The Atomic Bomb Poster Exhibition electronic file is available on the Mayors for Peace website.
- *Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum can provide resources (scanned photos, etc.) related to peace and the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. For details, please visit the Museum’s “Peace Database”.
- *Reports on peace-related events may be published on the Mayors for Peace website.
- 3) Invite mayors of your sister cities and neighboring cities who are not yet members to join Mayors for Peace
- 4) Attend the General Conference