Topics 2023

Hiroshima Peace Study Field Trip of Kyungpook National University 2023

On January 19 (Thu), students and a faculty member from Kyungpook National University (Daegu, South Korea) visited the Peace Memorial Park, and, as part of the Hiroshima-Nagasaki Peace Study Course, they visited the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum and listened to a hibakusha (atomic bomb survivor) testimony.

This was the third trip based on the Memorandum of Understanding with Hiroshima City University since the trip was recognized as the Hiroshima-Nagasaki Peace Study Course in 2018, following the first two in 2019 and 2020.

Students who listened to hibakusha Ms. Park Namjoo’s testimony commented that “Seeing a hibakusha in person and hearing her story really touched my heart,” and “I want to remember what I heard today so that we never repeat tragedies like the one that occurred in Hiroshima.” During the tour of the Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum and Peace Memorial Park, it was impressive to see the students actively asking questions to staff members and volunteers who served as their guides.

For the students, the field trip provided an opportunity to deepen their understanding of the reality of the atomic bombing and renew their commitment to peace.

Guided tour of Monuments
in Peace Memorial Park

Testimony by an atomic bomb survivor

前のページへ戻る

Back to list

PAGETOP