List of Universities and Syllabi
"Global Studies"at Nagasaki Wesleyan University
We will talk about issues of peace and human rights focusing on experiences of being suffered from the atomic bombing, which is the historical origin for the Chinzei Gakuin/Nagasaki Wesleyan University, and relationship between Asia and Japan. The lecture will be conducted in both English and Japanese.
- Be able to think about issues of wars and peace from both perspectives as a victim and an assailant.
- Acquire glocal (= interlocal) perspective as a main person who lives in a multicultural society.
- Be able to think about the above-mentioned issues in English.
- Introduction－Our Dream to be Peacemakers
- Dual Viewpoints for Thinking about War and Peace
- Two Poems (1)－Fukuda Sumako : Monologue
- Two Poems (2)－Kurihara Sadako : When Saying HIROSHIMA
- Testimonies of Korean Atomic Bomb Survivors (1)
- Testimonies of Korean Atomic Bomb Survivors (2)
- Atomic Bomb and Discrimination
- Darkness of Japanese Modern History
- Special Lecture by a Guest Speaker
- To Build the Fort of Peace (1)
- To Build the Fort of Peace (2)
- What does it mean to be a Global Citizen? (1)
- What does it mean to be a Global Citizen? (2)
- Discussion and Summary
Three short papers and a final paper.
Will be introduced as needed.