News・Member Cities' Activities
Frogn, Norway became a new executive city
On November 5, Frogn, Norway, was appointed as an executive city, based on the provisions of Section 5 of Article 4 of the Covenant of the Mayors for Peace. The total number of executive cities now has reached 19. Further development of Mayors for Peace activities in the Nordic region will be expected.
Website of Frogn：http://www.frogn.kommune.no/
Achievements of Frogn in Mayors for Peace
Frogn, an executive member of 2020 Vision Campaign Association, has been offering full cooperation to Mayors for Peace, serving as the Chair at the General Meeting of the 2020 Vision Campaign held in Granollers, Spain last November and volunteering to host a meeting to strengthen the foundation for Mayors for Peace management in July this year.
Frogn has been a central figure in promoting the activities of Mayors for Peace in Norway, recruiting new members within the country and translating monthly email News Flash into Norwegian and sending it to the members in Norway.
* Section 5 of Article 4 in the Covenant of the Mayors for Peace
- Executive Officials of the Organization shall consist of: one President; an appropriate number of Vice-Presidents and Executive Members.
- The President and the Vice-President shall be elected by Solidarity Cities.
- The President shall supervise and represent the Organization, and shall chair the Conference.
- The Vice-President shall assist the President. In case of the inability of the President to carry out the duties of the office, the Vice-President shall fulfill the duties of the President.
- The Executive Members shall be appointed from Solidarity Cities by the President with regional conditions taken into consideration.
- The Executive Members shall assist the President and the Vice-President and shall act for the smooth management of the Organization.