How to Join
1. Registration Process
1) If your city/municipality would like to join us, please send a “Registration Form” to the Secretariat.
- *Registration Forms also available in: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese and Korean
2) The Secretariat registers its new member cities once a month (around the 20th).
3) Date of affiliation is the 1st day of the month following the date registration procedures are completed by the Secretariat. “Certification of Membership” will be sent out to newly affiliated cities after the date of affiliation.
2. Membership Fee
- 2,000 yen/year
However, when deemed appropriate, Member Cities can be exempt from fee payment. Member Cities will not lose their membership if they do not pay the fee.
- (The introduction of an annual membership fee of 2,000 JPY for each city was approved at the 8th General Conference, held in 2013 and implementation began in the fiscal year 2015.)
3. Member Cities’ Activities (Examples)
2) Hold peace-related events such as the Mayors for Peace Atomic Bomb Poster Exhibition and share reports
- *The A-bomb Poster Exhibition electronic file is available on the Mayors for Peace website.
- *Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum can provide resources (scanned photos, etc.) related to peace and the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. For details, please visit the Museum’s “Peace Database”.
- *Reports on peace-related events may be published on the Mayors for Peace website.
4) Attend the General Conference
Invite mayors to join
Please invite mayors who are not yet members of Mayors for Peace to join us.