||countries & regions
August 1, 2015
Member Cities throughout the World
Set of Letter, Form and Outline in Ten Languages (PDF)
|The petition drive calling for a nuclear weapons convention
Please join this petition.
（As of August 1, 2015)
|The Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
|Member cities will hold Hiroshima-Nagasaki A-bomb Poster Exhibitions in their cities so that more citizens may deepen their understanding of the reality of atomic bombings and share our strong desire for nuclear abolition.
|DVD Rental for Screenings in Mayors for Peace
|In order to spread the reality of the effects of the atomic bombing, we would like to rent out DVDs for screenings in Mayors for Peace member cities. Please utilize these DVDs for peace events in your city.
|A Request to Hold Commemorative Events for the 70th Anniversary of the Atomic Bombings
||Please hold commemorative events for the 70th anniversary of the atomic bombings in order to convey the reality of their effects, and pass on A-bomb survivors’ wish that "no one else should ever suffer as we did" to future generations.
|Mayors for Peace Action Plan
|The Action Plan 2013-2017 was adopted at the 8th General Conference of Mayors for Peace held in August 2013. Currently, various projects based on this Action Plan have been implemented.
- Request from Takayama City, Japan, for Peace Bell Ceremony on International Day of Peace 2015 (PDF) (updated on August 20, 2015)
- 46 new cities join Mayors for Peace on August 1, 2015 (updated 8.1.2015)
- Message from the President of Mayors for Peace for the 70th anniversary of the atomic bombings (PDF) and a list of commemorative events (PDF) (message updated on July 24, and list updated on August 20, 2015)
- Hibakuska's Speech at UK Parliamentary Event through Video Connection on
July 16, 2015 (updated on July 22, 2015)
- U.S. Conference of Mayors Unanimously Adopts Resolution “Calling for Effective
Implementation of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty Disarmament Obligation
and Redirection of Nuclear Weapons Spending to Meet the Needs of Cities”on
June 22, 2015 (updated June 25, 2015)
- Chofu, JAPAN
(August 6 to September 13, 2015)
- Peace Project: "Exhibition on the War Experiences of Shigeru Mizuki and Concurrent Newspaper Articles" (in Japanese) (updated August 20, 2015)
- Fukuyama, JAPAN
(August 1 to October 12, 2015)
- Special Exhibition: "70th Anniversary of the A-Bombing - August 6th in Literature" (in Japanese) (updated August 20, 2015)
- Kumamoto, JAPAN
(August 1 to 31, 2015)
- Exhibition: "70th Anniversary of the End of the Pacific War - Record of Military Nurses of the Japanese Red Cross" (in Japanese) (updated August 20, 2015)
- Manchester, UK
- Report on the development of 'Project G' (PDF) (updated August 20, 2015)
- Granollers, SPAIN
(July 28, 2015)
- The City Council of Granollers approved a declaration in support of nuclear disarmament (English translation, PDF) / (original declaration in Catalan, PDF) (updated August 20, 2015)
Peace related issues
Halfway around the world in Argentina, the foundation organizes Sadako Sasaki exhibitions and paper crane workshops, which encourages people to think about peace, friendship and the environment.