(An Emergency Campaign to Ban Nuclear Weapons)
Promotion of peace education
Invitation for applicants to the Children's Art Competition
"Peaceful Towns" 2020
Mayors for Peace has put emphasis on peace education to raise awareness among future generations as part of its intensified efforts outlined in the Action Plan from 2017 to 2020, which was adopted at the 9th General Conference.
In order to further promote peace education in its over 7,900 member cities in 163 countries and regions around the world, Mayors for Peace holds an annual children’s art competition on the theme of “Peaceful Towns” for children in all these cities.
We look forward to receiving applications from many member cities.
Please find below the Application Guidelines for the details of this competition.
- 1 Application Guidelines
- 2 Forms
- Application Form: For applicants
- Member City Submission Form: For member cities
- 3 Application Procedure
- (1) For applicants:
- Each applicant should securely attach the completed application form to the back of their artwork, and submit it to the city hall of the Mayors for Peace member city where they live (not directly to the Mayors for Peace Secretariat).
- (2) For member cities:
- - In order to take the time to screen applications, each member city may want to set their own application deadline.
- Each member city will then publicize this competition with their chosen deadline.
- Each member city will select up to 5 artworks each for Category 1 (6-10 year olds) and Category 2 (11-15 year olds) from submitted applications. Each selected artwork, together with its application form, should be submitted by email.
- ▶Required application materials
- ・PDF files of artworks and their application forms
- ・Member city submission form
- Please email the application materials with submission form to the Mayors for Peace Secretariat at email@example.com
- ▶Deadline for submission to the Mayors for Peace Secretariat
- 5:00PM, November 20 (Fri.), 2020 (Japan Standard Time)
- 4 Announcement of Results
- Mid-January 2021 on the Mayors for Peace website
Mayors for Peace Secretariat
c/o Hiroshima Peace Culture Foundation
1-5 Nakajima-cho, Naka-ku, Hiroshima 730-0811 JAPAN