||countries & regions
July 1, 2015
Member Cities throughout the World
Set of Letter, Form and Outline in Ten Languages (PDF)
|The petition drive calling for a nuclear weapons convention
Please join this petition.
（As of July 1, 2015)
|The Atomic Bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki
|Member cities will hold Hiroshima-Nagasaki A-bomb Poster Exhibitions in their cities so that more citizens may deepen their understanding of the reality of atomic bombings and share our strong desire for nuclear abolition.
|DVD Rental for Screenings in Mayors for Peace
|In order to spread the reality of the effects of the atomic bombing, we would like to rent out DVDs for screenings in Mayors for Peace member cities. Please utilize these DVDs for peace events in your city.
|A Request to Hold Commemorative Events for the 70th Anniversary of the Atomic Bombings
||Please hold commemorative events for the 70th anniversary of the atomic bombings in order to convey the reality of their effects, and pass on A-bomb survivors’ wish that "no one else should ever suffer as we did" to future generations.
|Mayors for Peace Action Plan
|The Action Plan 2013-2017 was adopted at the 8th General Conference of Mayors for Peace held in August 2013. Currently, various projects based on this Action Plan have been implemented.
- Hannover, GERMANY
(July 8, 2015)
- Flag Day of German Members of Mayors for Peace / (Related story in German) (updated July 22, 2015)
- Manchester, UK
(June 12 and 13, 26 and 27, 2015)
- Local Seminars on the Manchester Peace Trail, as Part of the 'Discover Peace in Europe' Project (updated July 22, 2015)
- Muntinlupa, PHILIPPINES
(June 18 and 19, 2015)
- "The Atomic Bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki": A Poster Exhibition in a Local Mall (updated July 22, 2015)
- Ituzaingo, ARGENTINA
(June 16, 2015)
- A Kindergarten's Origami Paper Crane Workshop for Peace / (The City of Ituzaingo website, in Spanish) (updated July 22, 2015)
- Gernika-Lumo, SPAIN
(June 12, 2015)
- “Origamiak from Gernika to Hiroshima” Project Event (updated July 22, 2015)
Peace related issues
Halfway around the world in Argentina, the foundation organizes Sadako Sasaki exhibitions and paper crane workshops, which encourages people to think about peace, friendship and the environment.